Read postsSent to a friend
They destroyed most of the natural beauty of this area with condos, the only remaining spots being completely inaccessible, private, or golf courses in the work.
If you have to come here, just keep going and head to Charleston. Go some place with some culture, some excitement, and some actual beauty.
- I agree, Myrtle beach is a crap hole. It didn't use to be that way. Now everything is chain restaurants, dirty condos, fat rednecks, and cheesy tshirts with things like "blumpkin" and "git 'r done on it.
Save your money. Go anywhere else in the US but this crap hole.
- Moved here to be with my kids. Shoulda stayed in Wisconsin where you can have a life on the wages you earn instead of the "low paying legal slave wages" they pay in this fucking hole in the Earth!
- I live here and Im about to move. This place is so shitty. There is nothing to do but go to the beach. All the nightlife crap is chessy at best. Too many toothless rednecks and skanks walkin around. Cant wait to leave!!!
- Good Christ I moved here 4 years ago and while there are times that Myrtle Beach seems ok, the weather is nice and a few areas are nice 90% of Myrtle Beach just sucks.... This area is very trashy and even scary. There are places that you wonder if your going to get shot or jumped by the thugs who hang out everywhere.
The people in Myrtle Beach are SO TRASHY and NASTY. I am not kidding its as if this town is where the ugliest people in the world come to die.
Myrtle Beach is a complete shit hole and is the WORST place I have ever lived. The problem is, you move here and then get caught up in low paying jobs (everything here pays less than other areas) and you can't earn enough to save up to move!! It's like you get sucked into the hole and can't escape. The longer your here, the more the black hole pulls you in.
I want to move to Columbia SC where Decent People live.
- I agree. I'm trying to get out of here (as the mayor said, "If you don't like it, move) but can't even get enough money together to leave. It's like a black hole or Stephen King novel.
- I visited this place and was horribly disappointed.
- I agree with all of the other posts. Myrtle Beach is a total shithole. And it's supposed to be a tourist town? I don't see what the attraction is. A stretch of beach lined with crappy, outdated hotels. Nothing special or appealing. And it's in the middle of nowehere..no direct access off a major highway (ie - I-95). How much more backward assed can you get? People bitch about Orlando/Disney and how overcrowded it is, with tourists but hell, you don't have to drive through BFE to get to it. I feel badly for the people who live in Myrtle Beach . At least if you're on vacation, you can leave this hellhole after a few days.
- i just moved from there. everything that was said above is true. go anywhere else but this crappy black hole!
- Another note: Stay far away from Steve Parker of Parker Properites! He owns the Nixons Crossroads mini sotrage places on Hwy 90 in Little River. He and his horse faced dredge Debbie are nothing more than coke and meth fueled MB losers. They will steal your money, let your units get robbed and flooded, they let drug dealers live on premises for free drugs, who in turn rob the storage units at night. Total scumbags, the two of them deserve each other, both ugly as fuck dirtbags drug addicts!
- What a nasty forebodden place to visit. They demonized bikers but welcome drug dealers with open arms. What a bunch of cracker losers.
- FUCKIN GO BACK HOME YOU DAMN YANKEES!!!
- To the "Damn Yankees" poster, if it weren't for our "Yankee" tourist dollars fueling the economy of your downtrodden craphole excuse for a resort town, all you would have is a beach with a string of empty hotels on it. So respect our right to an opinion. And this has nothing to do with what part of the US we're from. MB is a shithole any way you cut it.
- hell yeah!
- Yeah, all of the Yankees came down. They messed up where ever they live up north, so they had to come down here and screw it up for us....God forbid we are happy in a tropical destination. *@#$% Tourist! I use to live there, grew up there. All my family is there, but in the last ten years it has turned in to a $#!% Hole. I left moved far away from there, it sucks so bad, I hate going back just to visit my family!
Not to mention the retarded cops….
- To all of you who are saying such bad things about myrtle beach, you are committing the heinous crime of severely understating the misery and tremendous amount of depression this place brings to anyone who sets foot on it's soil. This is the worst fucking place I have ever been. i am ashamed to have lived here for the past year. This place is like a death sentence. Ever since I have moved here everything has gone wrong, I know it is not a coincidence, this place is fucking hell. Anyone who enjoys this town is completely wasted.
- I agree FUCKIN GO BACK HOME YANKEES!!! You move here and then cry.. What a joke... And you are what Myrtle Beach is made of 90% transplants from up north..
- Absolutely nothing here since the Pavilion is gone. The entire place is just a shadow of its former self.No defining feature or attraction to make it stand out from the rest.
- Myrtle Beach is a lot like Las Vegas. There are people who can handle living here and still show up on time for their job and there are people who simply cannot handle what goes on here in Myrtle Beach.
This town is a PARTY town. There are a lot of places to go out and get drunk, etc. Often, someone will get together with a group of people from work and they'll go out after work to have a few drinks. This turns into having a few more drinks and before you know it, you've had 5+ Mixed drinks and your TRASHED. Now you realize you have to be at work at 7:00 AM the next morning...
You decide to leave but your too drunk to drive home so you have your friends drive you home but then you realize you left your CAR at the bar parking lot so now you have no way to get to work in the morning!!
You figure you'll call in to work sick but the problem is the managers here in Myrtle Beach KNOW this game from years of putting up with this type of BS... They immediately put you on their S__T list of employees they don't like and you are now asked to do more and more stuff you hate at work till either you QUIT or get FIRED.
This cycle runs over and over with people here in Myrtle Beach. The problem is not the TOWN, the problem is the people who cannot manage their own life.
- I miss my donkey
- What is this shit all about? I was there on vacation for 7 days it seemed ok, dont know what all this shit is about, maybe there are areas that are shit, tell me so ifI go next time I can see for myself, name some shit places so I can see for myself. What area are the lowlife drug dealers and what is the crime like there in that town.
- I kinda like it!
- Glad I've fnially found something I agree with!
- Yes, this beach is flithy and filled with scary rednecks. I felt like the KKK headquarters was near the resort. Never going back, BEWARE!
- Mrytle beach is nasty!!!!
- Its not like it use to be. I've been going there for 40 years and miss the sand roads to the beach,the Pavillion. I can remember seeing crab on the beach very early in the mornings and large sea shells,none of that anymore.
- I go to Myrtle Beach annually and have never had a problem. I always enjoy myself there and I come from up north. To those of you southern natives, I apologize for my fellow northerners. A lot of them tend to be a bit snooty and have unrealistic expectations of everything. I think southerners are the nicest people in the country and don't deserve the bad rap they get. Myrtle Beach is a blast!
- People, you are going to have toothless skanks all over the place. I have been up and down the East Coast, and the partying scum are there for one reason and that is to party. Not every one at Myrtle Beach is scum. The ocean is STILL beautiful. The sunrise is still beautiful. Stop your fussing and complaining. Go some place else to complain !
- I live here the whole state sucks don't got to Myrtle beach full of redneck hicks I hate it soo bad I was born and raised in sc it sucks dont even wast your time I want to get out of this state sooo bad my god the Chinese food sucks no good sea food and it's all fast food it's full of retired geezers that think it's paradise it's not don't get fooled it sucks filled with racist people that think they should of not lost the civil war I feel like walking up to them and be like u mad u mad bro I hate this place zoo much take it from a local.
- Yes please go back where you are from I'm from south Carolina and this is what I got to put up with dumb fucking hicks that are mad lol u mad redneck scrubs that lost the civil war lololololol and they hunt all the time lol plz move back home so you don't have to put up with these ass holes btw it fool of retired geezers BTW IM A NATIVE AND I HATE THE PLACE FUCK THE CAROLINA I HATE IT SOO MUCH
- If you like the kkk move to sc rebel flags on the back of every truck you look at it a beautiful place :) bull shit it suck I'm a native don't even move here you be happy where you are
Trust me I'm not kidding
- As a Charlestonian, I have to say that I agree with the sentiment that MB sucks. It's damp, smells like mold, the rednecks from Ohio and PA invade and leave their trash on the beach and feed the seagulls, the food is terrible, the views are terrible, the people are rude and can't drive, the bars are overpriced, the casino boats are boring, etc. There is no earthly reason to ever go to MB. However, if you're considering a MB vacation and read this, please stay out of Charleston.
- what a shit hole...nothing but whitetrash herion and shit
- The town has some nice places. Most of it is pretty blue-collar. It is like anything, if you have some money you can enjoy yourself away from the trash, but frankly, most people are like this everywhere unless you have tons of money to avoid it. The road in is a joke and don't take it on a normal day or you will sit and sit. You have to go at off-times. I feel sorry for people who own high-end housing because the general feel is not high-end, but that you are in an enclave. This is the current state of things in America, which has become a third-world place.
- i'm from myrtle.....i love this....you are all so right.
- I live here. I've been here for 16 years. I fucking hate this place.... I love this place at the same time.......
By the way....... You are all illiterate and pathetic! Spell check you dumb asses! There are lots of interesting people living here, however you don't and won't ever know them because we are doing big things with our lives and making things happen.....
For the record, you people that come here tip shitty, bitch about the place and NEVER leave!!!!
If you don't like it, move the fuck on. The End.
- MYRTLE BEACH is such a trash hole. I moved here 4 months ago, leaving a secure bartending job up north to experience southern living and try to start a new chapter in my life. I have never regretted something so bad!!!! Trying to prove yourself and skills as a bartender or whatever profession you possess is impossible. The management staff is the laziest group of individuals I have ever met (def got sucked in and never got out--look at their southern stomachs) and let them ask you about high volume experience.....it's a joke, the biggest joke....I keep hearing "just wait, summer will start next week....just wait, you will wish for the slow months again" yep it's end july and I haven't seen that yet......I've been here since March and I'm working at 76th avenue at a "supposive" busy busy chain restaurant......its not!!!! or, they schedule so many people so no one makes money and every one just stands around....then, we tip out 1/3 of our money to the under 18 staff they employ to buss, run food and shuck oysters....what a waste since the whole floor staff is standing around doing nothing....it's awful. I wish someone would have warned me better. It doesn't matter that I'm living at the beach, its still unacceptable to be making so little and standing around so much....cut people!! Take care of those that actually want to be there serving the trash customers that vacate from their trash towns!!! and its bad...if u think it's okay to tip less than 18 percent when you dine out, then you should work in a restaurant and understand how much hard work it is and the fact that we get paid 2.13 hour with our tips!!!!
- Myrtle beach was nice before the yanks came. All the half backers putting up their fences!
- I ived there for 4 -rs hated every second of it. moved back to mass. and loving it and got a job 6 5ollars more then making down there. stay away from myrtle beach. it sucks beieve me and everybody else on this post.
- There is no infrastrcure in Myrtle Beach. That said if you move here with as a career minded person, and with children I would suggest making a quick u turn out of this transient place known as the grand strand. Though the locals smile and make you believe that you are welcome here-believe me your not. If you are a Northerner like me please take heed to what I am saying. I'm stuck with a low paying job and a mortgage I can barely afford. Myrtle Beach serves one purpose its a cheap vacation spot similar to the redneck riviera known as Panama City Beach.
- The sad part about this cesspool is that even therapists 'Quacks' who are rejected from other states who were sued, can work in that town. They will consider you insane and pump you full of pills, they are too relaxed about your emotions. Too many filthy men and women who cheat on each other and spread horrible diseases then blame it on the victim. Too many pregnant teens and pregnant whores who have fathers who are not worth a fucking shit, who go out every night to get drunk and go to strip clubs.
I was born there in shitty ol' Conway hospital where my dad recently went to and they paralyzed his hand some how. They let horrible shitty nurses and doctors work there. I lived there my whole life until last year but I did move away a few times- I had to and I became suicidal because of the environment, the horrible people and no one NO ONE being intelligent enough to be around. No one cared about philosophy, life, nature or anything I'm interested in.
The best beaches to venture to there are is in Pawley's island or possibly garden city. They litter everywhere and that trash is very harmful to the wild life in the ocean and the woods. It is a hugely depressing place and the only way to live happily is to take drugs or drink heavily, to be sedated and never sober. Those who still live there have admitted defeat. Fat sloppy gross beer belly rednecks live there who make their wives feel ugly compared to celebrities and women who seem 'hotter' who go to the boulevard when they themselves are disgusting fat ass rednecks. Everyone there thinks it's ok to go to strip clubs while their wives are at home taking care of their children. Too many religious idiots who are on drugs and drink. Even nature started becoming less peaceful to me because of the four wheeling and the beer cans everywhere. It hurts to think that most animals have to live in that trashy shit. I am amazed flowers and plants and berries still grow anywhere. It's Myrtle beach, then conway, then aynor...one shit hole connected to another.
When I traveled to New york on a bus, I KNEW I was back in horry country without even having to look out of the windows, I smelled that same stale smell and then I saw the backward town. The roads are cracked all to hell, the education system is a joke.
The best memories I had living there were going to deserted beaches that the tourists didn't know about, the point or pawley's island and getting chocolate ice cream from the pier.
- "I go to Myrtle Beach annually and have never had a problem. I always enjoy myself there and I come from up north. To those of you southern natives, I apologize for my fellow northerners. A lot of them tend to be a bit snooty and have unrealistic expectations of everything. I think southerners are the nicest people in the country and don't deserve the bad rap they get. Myrtle Beach is a blast!"
Whoever said this, I am from the north also, and need no apology for what i'm about to say. I have live here for 4 years and have never met a meaner, nastier, more selfish group of lowlife redneck assholes in my entire life. When I came down here the only expectations that I had was to be treated human. Which their people, and employers have no clue how to do. The people and the politicians running this city have got their heads shoved so far up their own asses, that they can't figure out how to run the city. Bike week was the only thing this city had going for it, and they told the bikers to stay out by getting rid of bike week all together. Now, just to try to recoup, most businesses you see now have to put up signs saying "bikers welcome".
This place IS a total shithole. You could be from florida California or any other place on this planet, and those people would still think it's a shithole. It's not only northeners who say it's a shitty place. it's almost everyone who comes here. the people who can't see the shittyness of this place are ignorant and blind to facts.
the jobs down here reek and this place is nothing more than a retirement city. If your young and you move here, you just screwed yourself and whoever you brought with you. The jobs don't pay anything near what it takes to live down here. I don't like it, I should leave, but I CAN'T AFFORD TO. Most jobs they treat you like shit and work you like a f****** mexican, and pay you like one too. think an education is going to help??? THINK AGAIN!!!!! even with an education most jobs want to pay you at least $5 under what any other state would pay for the exact same job.
the taxes are f****** retarded. If you live in an apartment and own a vehicle, you get taxed for the vehicle when you buy it, and every year after for property taxes. This is understandable because your don't own that land. They do the same thing if you own your house and property. They not only charge a tax on the vehicle when you buy it, of course, but they charge property tax on the land AND on the vehicle. this tax is every year also, which is total bullshit because now you're getting taxed twice for personal property tax.
So those of you who vacation here for 1 or 2 weeks and go home, are NOT getting the clear picture. These "people" want to keep up this charade that this place is the best place in the world to be, only to bring you back year after year, keeping the same charade as the year before just to bring THEM more money. They don't give even a half a rat's ass about you or the time you spend, unless it's to extend your vacation, and that's only because it puts more money in THEIR pockets. If someone paid me more money, I could wear a fake ass smile too.
this is a wasteland that should be taken off any list as a vacation spot. 'please don't do that, we want to keep our $7.25 an hour fast food burger flipping jobs and work with nothing but slobs and mexicans'. any more it seems that this place has more mexicans working here than in mexico itself. everyone wonders why our unemployment rates are so high. it's because these selfish SOB's don't want to pay anyone higher than mexican wages, and the only other people that take those jobs are high schoolers that don't know any better yet, and sloppy piece of shit fat ass wiggers that can't get a job anywhere else because their low intelligence levels and their slob ass appearance.
I thought i had a good job when I first got here. I have always had a customer service type job every since I started working, starting in the north. these people do not know the meaning of customer service. After working that job, they cut my hours by more than half going from 35-40 hrs a week to 10-12hrs a week. They treat their employees down here like shit.
DO NOT MOVE HERE. it will be the biggest mistake of your entire life.
- For all of you that complain about working a service type job for 2 something an hour, here's a big tip. get a new job, or quit bitching. no one held a gun to your head telling you to get that job. and by the way, if your service fucking sucks, i'm not going to tip you 18%. if you think that's fair for shitty ass service, you yourself are a fucking retard. i tip based on service. if you give me 2 drinks and then ignore me for the rest of the time, you're NOT getting 18%. end of story.
- Hard to get another job when the whole town is centered around restaurants. $2/hr is BS. If you think that someone waiting hand and foot on you and your family isn't worth more than $1 stay the fuck home douche. I don't go out to eat unless I know I can tip my server. I don't expect to take up a table in their section and then make them run around for me for $2. If they do their job and do it well they will get 20-25%. It's just the right thing to do. So to the ignorant one who said to stop complaining about the $2/hr go the fuck back to Ohio..
- heres one from the WiFi Bandit yes i agree myrtle beach sucks when i moved here in 1974 at the age of 10 on the airbace it was great all i had to do was jump the fence cross the highway and a short walk through the woods and i was at the beach and you prity much had the the hole beach to your self and now look at it the place has gon to hell no i wont tell you why dont want to be called a rasist i will let you find out the hard way Oh well on with the story my dad retired from the airforce and we decided to stay we moved to house one mile from the beach and it was great at night i could here the waves crash from my house i could get on my dirt bike ride all day never ride the same road twice never see a cop once had deer runing through my yard shoot my gun of in my yard during the winter it was a quiet litle beach town now all i here is cars trucks and chickaboomboom music hipadermic needles used condums cigerret butts broken botles and other trash not to mention all the thefts if it aint tied down its gone i hade my first drive by shooting this year yes i can very well say from the botom of my heart the hole grand strand sucks ther is one way to fix it divert all tourists to another state and ship all the yanks back up north its beacuse of them or you this place sucks no i dont hate you i just wish yal leave including the mexicians and to the nuckel heads on a couple of the posts the so called red necks with no teeth ther no red necks ther crack heads and the geter done teshirts are only wore by yankey red neck wantabees no contry boy wood were that hollywood red neck wantabee bs SO WHEN YOUR DONE VISITING MY BEACH PLEASE LEAVE AND DONT COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I've been living here for 20 years and grew up just 100 miles north in NC. So been coming here all my life. This town has turned into the cesspool of hate and corruption. Hell, I once used to love going down to the BLVD and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of the beach. No you just see crime (drug dealers everywhere!) Most the families don't have a clue what's going on in front of their eyes. But they see people getting handcuffed all the time, guess they just figure they are drunk. The most familiar sound in this entire county are sirens! Ask anybody! "What's a sound you hear everyday in Myrtle Beach"? They all most likely will say "sirens". And smell???? Don't even get me started, but I will anyway! The sewer processing place off of 10th North? Just wait until it starts to cool off and then every morning just try and take a breath of air anywhere near Myrtle Beach and see what you get a nose full of. This town SUCKS. I'm well in my 50's and as I said, been coming here most of my life and have lived here for 20 this time. (Lived here in the 80's for a bit and wasn't to bad then...) Now all I'm waiting on is the economy to get better, I'll sell my house and I am SO OUT OF HERE!
- man another red neck retard that's probably a transplant from somewhere else. you guys are still cought up on that civil war shit. damn yankie this and damn yankie that, man the only reason we came down here is to see what we won and guess what? it sure as hell ain't much for a place that survives off tourism. why to you put a big fat fucking commercial on tv and tell all the people that come to your shitty state to go home, that you don't need their busniess, and then you can go back to living in a shit shack, no money and eat your opossum and water melon, and be a 3rd world country of your own that's 20yrs behind. i mean fuck you still have dirt roads for god sake get with the times
- I was born raise in Philly. I agree Bo home u Yankee fucks
- i VISITED Myrtle Beach in 1981 when I was about to go into 7th grade. I loved it. I wanted to move there..and about 15 years later..I moved ot the very center of SC and every chance I had I would hop in thecar and go to Myrtle beach. Lakwood campground is a great place to camp. They waves get good enoug hto boogie board. And I totally love the Crocodile Rocks...it is ALWAYS fun to go there and the Revolutions dance place. If they are still there..they are so much fun. And then there is the state park...so much fun although it needs showers for daytimes users. But I love it...and I think it is a great place to go for a vacation.
- WOW!! I feel so sorry for all of you that are so miserable in your lives you can't even enjoy a beautiful beach! I am not a redneck, my family is from Miami and NY and I was born and raised here. I'm educated and come from a good family. The worst part of living here is the shitty tourist that come here and complain all of the time. It's really sad that you all are so angry, grow up and don't come back. I can't wait for the day that the grand strand can create jobs another way besides relying on a bunch of negative, winy ass people to come and spend money. The funniest part of all of this is that YOU are the ones destroying our beaches and cities. If you come here in the winter it is the most relaxing and laid back place to be. I'm grateful for the ones that come here and enjoy my hometown, we welcome you all. As far as you negative people, go back to your miserable existences and cry about something else. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding something......
- Lots of Crack-heads, drunks, and crowded dirty beaches and all the in-breed rednecks you could want;it a great laugh. Sure, come on down and bring your family we would love to rob them too!
- Every place has both good and bad. If you are not satisfied with your wages perhaps you are not in the right career field and may need to go back to school.
My biggest complaints with Myrtle Beach is lack of police force for speeding not stopping at stop signs or yield signs. The Chief of police must be laizze-fairre.
In other cities police are on tv all the time with community projects but not here. There are signal lights on many streets however the left green arrows are never connected ie, 501 and Grissom Parkway, the left turn to the hospital, 29th ave and 17 business too name a few.
The Mayor and council are only interested in downtown and the Grand Dunes. If you write for help in other area it is ignored. The First in Service Trucks are speeding through the rest of the city to be sure the boardwalk area and the dunes are spiffy. The rest of the city has weeds, cracked sidewalks, empty lots with overgrown weeds. If you fill out the forms for service the work is not done or the smallest attempt is done to say the employee did some work.
Everything for the whole city comes from the mayor. There were no new city council people elected. The club stays together all with the same message I want to finish the jobs I started, whatever that means because it is never clarified. However, it must be downtown or the dunes and not the rest of the city.
When we first moved here the city was cleaner now it is dirty there are lack of garbage cans on the beach and ocean blvd.
During Christmas there were lights and decorations everywhere now many of them don't even work.
There are a few days left in 2011, my wish for the
New Year is a change in the attitude of the current city leadership, get out of the office and take a walk around your district.
- Obviously the individuals who posted on this site are uneducated poor miserable complainers....Takes money to make money...I live the dream in Myrtle Beach....sorry to all others cant rub 2 pennies together, I do apologize.....Living dream in MB!!!!!
- bitch moan bitch moan...
- LABOR UNIONS!
- I was raised in myrtle beach and know that these are hard working people like everywhere else. The tourists who decide to move here act like they do when they are on vacation. They want everything for next to nothing, they treat employees like slavestrash, and they trash our beaches, and THEN want a local discount. I would like to clarify for the abovementioned comments from the "TOURISTS", I am college educated and have a good paying job. I hate the tourists because they are selfish and disrespectful. The beach used to be so beautiful and clean, I spent everyday in the summer there playing, surfing and enjoying my family and friends. These days I have to go to my "local spot" way out just to find a quiet, clean spot on the beach away from the "jersey shore" looking tourons, who are littering the beach and whining about how hot it is. IT'S THE BEACH STFU AND GO TO ORLANDO, CALI, where ever. Just away from here.
- I have lived here for three years, all of my intelligent educated friends have left. The crime rate is out of control.
Racism, hate, ignorance and total immorality flourish here. I am thankful to leave. If you are proud to call this dumping ground of lost souls home. Congrats, you are in hell.
- The beaches and water is beautiful, nightlife is o k, you make your own vacation what it is. There are worse places, try Memphis Tenn, all the same type people mentioned there, crap nightlife, horrible crime dirty city and whats worse they have no beaches...considering, this place is great!!
- i went to mrytle beach and i got arrested the first night for having an empty beer can in my hand. they treated me like i just robbed a band and threw me in a tiny cell and took my mug shot and finger prints. i also got all of my money from my hotel stolen that night and got punched in the face by a drunk white trash skank i found sleeping in my hotel bed when i returned home from my 2 hour walk from jail because the cops wouldnt even give me a ride home. never go to this place it is hell on earth.
- I've lived in Myrtle Beach for several years, what everyone is saying is 100% true about jobs and pay rates. I have a college degree, with many years of experience, I'm very professional and do very well in interviews. I've never not been offered a position I've interview for...
That said, I've applied to jobs here in Myrtle Beach, gone through 3-4 interviews, had background checks and credit checks done, and after 3 weeks of this work I'll finally be offered a position with a pay rate of $8.45 per hour!!!! I'm a college graduate with a family to raise!!! Similar jobs in other states pay $12-15 per hour to START then increase from there. $8.45 per hour? Are you KIDDING ME???
Myrtle Beach pays INSULTING wages. You cannot have any type of life on $8.45 per hour if you have bills to pay. After taxes that's like $7.00 per hour!!! And the workload will be DOUBLE or TRIPLE the work of the same job in other states.
- I'm here right now for spring break due to waiting too long to book for Florida, and I'm shocked at what this place is. We're staying in probably the central part of myrtle beach, and there's definitely not a big redneck racist problem here, probably half of the people around here are black. I'm not saying that as a racist thing either. But the people here are definitely rough.super unfriendly and rude. The beach is nice but other than that it's incredibly boring. Really hard to find places to eat and things to do. No subsitite for florida.
- What's wrong with you people Myrtle beach IS a fun place you just don't know where to go I have lived 45 min. Away all my life there and I go there every week JUST to get grocerys and I love shopping there the people are not "rednecks" as you so nicely(note the scarcasm) put it I would much rather be here there is alot to do and I love this place
- If you dont like it don't come back we don't want you here anyway
- If you yankee/midwestern's would realize Myrtle Beach is what it is now because of YOU YANKEES. When MB was run by South Carolinians it was very nice and safe. We had the Pavilion and the Pavilion arcade, Magic Harbor, Myrtle Beach Grand Prix, and the strip was lined with all kinds or fun places. If it weren't for you transplants coming in and ruining things MB would still be a great place. You bring your freaking Yankee/NY money down here and claim to be investors and get our historical places torn down so you can replace them with your shit and then you go bust and then there is nothing but hotels. You move here because it is cheaper. You complain about wages but you are too stupid to realize the cost of living is lower because you make less, duh. Then you have your Yankee fools who move down here for one year and try to run for an elected office and win because MB is 75% transplants. Don't blame MB, blame yourselves. You transplants ruined it.
MB was the shit from the 50's to through the 90s. Then you Yankees started bringing in your drugs and no half the clubs are overrun with dope dealers. To the people saying MB is rough and you feel you might get shot then stay the eff off of Dunbar or Carver street you freaking rock star.
I miss those bumper stickers from the 80s that said "Welcome to our beach, now go home" and I actually miss all the Marines that used to come down every week to party. They may have been drunk and rowdy but at least they weren't dope pushing Yankees.
- To you idiots saying go to Florida. Have you been to Florida lately? Now I know there are some good spots in Florida like Melbourne, St Augustine but that is about it besides Orlando which is a money sucking boring ass place for toddlers. If you go to a club in Orlando you will be approached by all sorts of undercover cops preying on tourists trying to sell ecstasy pills which they call "beans". Can't even get their drug terms right beans refers to "green beans" meaning weed. To the idiots stupid enough to buy something from them the paddy wagon will pull up to the door and they get loaded up and the woman goes back to work for another idiot. the clubs (Firestone was it's name) has to be in on it. It is a complete tourist trap.
I have been to Panama City recently and it is a trashy trailer park.
In Tampa my car got broken into and a computer was stolen. Also in Tampa when I woke up in my hotel room I had hundreds of bed bug bites on me and I had taken my own sheets pillows etc. I was working down there and had to go to work looking like a freaking pizza face due to the trashy ass hotel that was actually a widely known for being a great place. Every street you turned off of from the main road in Tampa was a ghetto w/ blacks carrying guns and running up to your car to sell crack.
St. Petersburg was nothing but run down streets and empty buildings. And if you get caught on that bridge that goes over the bay you will be stuck in traffic everyday for 3 hours.
Now onto Miami/South Beach. That place is where you truly will get shot even before leaving the airport. On South Beach you will pay $8 for a budweiser bottle and if you walk to your car parked on one of the next streets over you better have a Tek9 or AB10 with a 100 round clip.
Now for the gulf coast. The stretch from Panama city to Destin/Ft Walton is a shithole. It still looks like MB did in the early 80s with run down hotels and they even still have plenty of Wings beachwear stores,. Destin/Ft Walton is actually pretty nice on the ocean. Get a block or two off the ocean and you are in trailer park city.
Pensacola is not much better than the rest but it is a decent town. Can't complain too much about it.
To the idiots talking about Charleston. I love Charleston but it has more shady areas than Myrtle ever thought about having. I remember in elementary school in the early 80s we went there and blacks were trying to steal watches off of the drivers arm when riding thru there. The Ravenel bridge is nice and downtown is nice.
To the idiots that say MB is full of racists, transplants make up 75% or the population. Whites and blacks have always went to school together here the past 50 years and we live and work together. I dated a girl from Detroit for 5 years who went to public schools in Detroit her entire life. From kindergarten to 12th grade she had a single black girl that EVER went to school with her. I visited Detroit 3 times and saw a black person only once and that is when they took me thru Motown.
There is more culture in MB than most areas of the country but you idiots are too stupid to notice. We have every race and creed here and have strong southern culture and west Africa culture. Not too mention Asian, Jewish, Muslim and all forms of European cultures like Irish, German, etc. Have you taken a trip to Brookgreen Gardens, Atalaya Castle, Myrtle beach or better yet Huntington beach state parks? Have you visited Conway which is an extremely old city dating back to the early 18th century if not early. Have you traveled to Georgetown which is the 3rd oldest city in America? If you haven't then you have no room to speak of culture because you obviously don't know what culture is other than a street vendor selling coneys. Speaking of coneys how run down is your home town of Coney Island? I hear it is a real high society place. Crime up north is far worse than here in Horry County.
- I have lived in Conway and Myrtle beach all my life. You all are correct about the wages. The only way to make money is to be a waitress/waiter. It seems that many of the good jobs are taken by non-locals and it is not due to education. I've been in an HR position before and found local southerners are honest about their abilities and don't pad their resume. Yankees however lie like crazy about their experience and always list past jobs as no longer in business so you can't verify it. Yankees are also much better liars in person than southerners who tend to not lie.
If you are an IT worker forget about coming to MB.
Some people's comments are just flat out stupid. Can't find a place to eat in one of the most heavily populated restaurant areas in the world?
And and idiot calling someone a civil war redneck b/c he calls you a Yankee? WTF is your baseball team's name? The YANKEES. Are they civil war rednecks too? Considering in the 2000 census there were more transplants than natives and by now it has to be significantly more. So you are calling yourselves redneck racists actually.
MB really started going downhill in the mid 2000s. When McBride lost the mayor's office and that scumbag pervert took over he has ruined everything. They even cancelled Sun Fun this year for the first time in 60 years because the officials can't make a profit from it because of all the idiot kiddie celebrities they pay out of the ass. Black Bike week used to be a blast in the 80s and especially the 90s and I'm white. Harley week was good too. Now the elected officials from up north have ruined it all.
- I ate at china garden king inn buffet and held a baby tiger. Fuck the world this place rulz. All you other dick suckers can be a new habitat for my hairy ant-eater. Suck it up, princesses. Maybe y'all didn't kno but you can get a Monster Coupon Book at the service desk at your motel, that will give a good idea of how to export drugs using workers as mules. Holla at my Hungarian princess Catarina at Crazy Horse... That booty be rockin.
- I was shocked when Vanna White said the other night on Wheel of Fortune that Myrtle Beach was THE most beautiful beach in the entire world!!! I assumed she had been to many beautiful places in the world but maybe I was wrong. If she had been to other beaches, surely she would NOT have said THIS was the most beautiful beach in the world. I'm disappointed, Vanna.
- Myrtle Beach.... Rats check in and never seem to check out. It is not the people that grew up here that destroyed the place. I have been here almost 5 years and I can not wait to bail out. Crime, Traffic, Fugitives, Incompetent Gov, No Industry, Ugly Girls and Depreciating Real Estate, Drug Addicts and Divorce Central are just some of the wonderful features of this place. Keep driving South to Charleston. Avoid this place.
- I LOVE Myrtle Beach . . . it keeps the rednecks out of Charleston!